The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) Regional Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Architecture and the ITS Strategic Plan has been updated to provide NOACA and stakeholders with a regional plan for ITS implementation over the next ten years. This ITS plan and architecture will:
- Provide NOACA and other agencies with tools to ensure that the planning, deployment and integration of ITS systems throughout the region is done with a common framework through ITS architecture and standards development;
- Maintain the region's compliance with requirements defined by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for development of ITS projects; and ultimately
- Assist in the maintenance and operations of ITS projects throughout the five–county region.
The Architecture defines possible integration opportunities between agencies within the region and identifies how cooperation between the agencies in the deployment of ITS systems can be used to satisfy transportation needs. The architecture can be used to efficiently structure implementations of ITS technologies. Through the update of the Architecture and the ITS Strategic Plan for the NOACA region, agencies can:
- Prepare for future expansion
- Leverage funding for ITS deployments, and
- Identify standard interfaces
The purpose of this NOACA Regional ITS Architecture web site is to encourage use of the regional ITS architecture and gather feedback so that the architecture is used and continues to reflect the ITS vision for the region.
The menu bar at left provides access to the stakeholders, the transportation systems in the NOACA region (the Inventory), the transportation–related functions that are envisioned, and the existing and planned integration opportunities in the region.
The Architecture report and the ITS Strategic Plan developed for this project will be made available here upon completion.
The RAD-IT database developed for this project will also be made available here for download upon completion of the database.